Thread: List of iOS 7.1 supported devices

List of iOS 7.1 supported devices

I am looking for iOS 7.1 compatible devices list. I am expecting this for a old iPod. I cannot find information on that. I want detail about iPhone and iPad also. I hope this would work on my old iPod. My iPod is working very slow. I found just in news that new iOS 7.1 update is released. But I did not receive any notification on the device. I am planing to go ahead with manual installation.

Re: List of iOS 7.1 supported devices

It is a new OS so it is obvious that this will not work on old apple devices. If you have a iPhone older than iPhone 4 then you cannot apply the update on that. In the same way for iPad it will only work on iPad 2 or higher devices. And for iPod, you must at-least have a 5th generation ipod. If you are having a older one then forget the update. If you go with manually you will face problem.

I had just recent updated iOS 7.1 on my iPod. I am having a 5th generation model which works really well. The new interface has added many thing and also it is fast. The battery is affected a bit. I have to keep it on charge at-least two time in a day. But still it is fine. I had bought a power bank for that and there is no issue with the battery now. This new update is really beneficial for many old devices.

Apple must provide this update on old devices. Atleast they must give a basic version for that. So that it is easier for all to get new feature. This new iOS brings nice features like Car Play, better Siri, new Camera settings, etc. I have a old iPhone which I am using from long time and till yet I am unable to get any updates on it. I am going to sell this thing off soon and buy the new iPhone.