Thread: Facebook stopped working after updating to iOS 7.1

Facebook stopped working after updating to iOS 7.1

I am not able to open Facebook after updating to iOS 7.1. After taping on the app it starts but then crash within few seconds. I had tried this a number of time but it is not working. At first I thought the problem was due to my mobile network. Then I connected the phone to wifi and the problem is still same. Before this Facebook was working quiet fine. How to fix it. I am having the same issue on iPad also.

Re: Facebook stopped working after updating to iOS 7.1

There can be some issue. Did you tried re-installing the app. Just check whether it has got any new update or not. You might be using a old app which will not work in the new iOS 7.1. You can try finding the new version of app store. Try to remove it first. Then re-download it back again and install it in your phone. Try to access the app through wifi first. If it is still not working then it looks iOS 7.1 is buggy.

First reboot the phone. You have to hold the home + power key. Then try to start it back. But if it is not working then there is one thing you can do. For that you have to first backup your data. You can use iTunes for that. Backup everything and run full factory restore. Reset the phone and then install the app back again. You can easily sync your data back later on. The app should work fine after a reset .

I had seen a few people who are facing this issue after installing the new iOS update. I am also trying to find a solution for the same. I had seen on web most of the people are just advising to re-install that app. But I do think it is working. I had seen on the official site of Facebook they says to update the app and then it will be working. There is some other problem in the new iOS. I hope Apple will release a fresh patch for that soon.