Thread: Touch ID stopped working after iOS 7.1 update

Touch ID stopped working after iOS 7.1 update

Want some help to fix Touch ID problem after updating iPhone 5S to iOS 7.1. The touch id is not working. I was using this to unlock the screen, but now it stopped after update. It looks this update is bit buggy. I tried contacting apple care also. But they have no solution for this. I cannot also revert back to the old mode. I hope there will be some possible solution for this. Is there anyone who is dealing with the same issue.

Re: Touch ID stopped working after iOS 7.1 update

I do not think it is a problem. When you run a new update almost all settings of the phone is restored. That means the factory settings is applied. So here you just have to configure the touch ip once again. Go check in the settings first. Modify the settings or simply configure it back again from scratch. That will resolve the problem. If this does not work just backup your data and reset the phone.

My friend has got the same problem. It is not a issue. As mentioned above the old settings are applied. Most of the time the phone works, but some time after running new firmware update iPhone is unable to apply settings from backup. Here you just have to configure the fingerprint once again. Go in Settings > Touch IP > Passcode. Enter the passcode and reconfigure it. There is no need to go with factory restore.

If nothing works then I think you have to run the update once again. You can do that through iTunes. Just connect the phone and click on restore. See after that whether the problem is resolved or not. If not then you have to carry the phone to apple care enter to get it fixed. There you can find a appropriate solution. I think yours is the first case if TouchID did not worked after updating to iOS 7.1.