Thread: How to download and install iOS 7.1

How to download and install iOS 7.1

Where I can download iOS 7.1. And I also want the installation procedure. I am not having internet connection on my phone. There is a bit issue in the wifi also. I am looking for the manual process where I can download and install the update directly. I am going to do this on my iPhone. I had seen some videos on web which are hard to understand. Most of them are using some third party software for the same.

Re: How to download and install iOS 7.1

The first thing you must know that this update only works for iPhone 4 and later. You can download but this process if interrupted will result in dead phone. The online method is the safest one. You can also do this through iTunes. Connect your device to your pc and check for updates through iTunes. There is no need to download it manually and then installing it. Through iTunes you can backup your data also.

To install any new update in your device you will need iTunes. There is only two option. First is tapping on Software Update under Settings > General. The update is around 1GB in size. The size might change depending on the phone model. The download will take long time if you are on 2G. Second you can do through iTunes as mentioned above. There is no other way. I had never seen any manual process where you manually move files in the device and run update.

Officially Apple does not give you the download. It is accessible through OTA or through iTunes. But there are some site that gives you a direct download of iOS 7.1. It is very important to choose the right version. Separate updates are available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. You have to find the right update based on your exact mobile model. There are separate update version for gsm and cdma phones. Once you find that you can run the update through iTunes. Click on the device and hold Shift while clicking on Check for Updates button. For Mac you have to hold option. Once you click you will get a file explorer. Navigate to the downloaded update and install it.