Thread: Does iOS 7.1 update will affect the battery life of iPhone

Does iOS 7.1 update will affect the battery life of iPhone

I had gone through some articles on web that says iOS 7.1 update affects the battery output of iPhone. This new update is released for various devices in the market. My uncle has one and he got the update notification. We had not yet applied it. Because the phone is working nice and if the battery drain is the new bug then it is better to stick with the old OS. What you guys suggest. Has anyone updated his phone. What new issues you had faced.

Re: Does iOS 7.1 update will affect the battery life of iPhone

There is a battery issue. It was really shocking. I thought this new update will bring out some new benefits. But it affects the overall battery output of your device. Till yet Apple has not released any fix for that. The update is designed to fix the old issues in the phone, but it came up with a new problem. Battery is a serious concern. Is there anyone who can tell what is the amount of battery power affected.

There is a very tiny difference. My friend has just done with the update. There are many new things and this update is worth. It is correct that this update will hamper the battery life, but not more than 10 to 15% and that also on wifi. This is not a big deal. It is obvious that if there are some new features they might consume a bit extra amount of power. I had myself tested the new update. I do not think there is a huge drop.

Almost all devices are affected. 10% battery drop is still not exact. It is lower than that. You might loose a few minutes of battery power. That's it. But this update is worth to go for. It has additional improvement making your phone performance better. You can go ahead with the update without worrying much. It will be stable and work fine. Apple must provide one feature where we must be allowed to downgrade the old version if we do not like the new one.