Thread: Samsung Galaxy S5 with FM radio

Samsung Galaxy S5 with FM radio

I wanted to know if Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone will have FM radio support in it? I have checked the official technica specifications of Galaxy S5 but cannot find anything whether it has FM radio or not? Can anyone please confirm it? I know that there are many inbuilt features in this phone like streaming videos or such but still I wanted to know about it? Thank you

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 with FM radio

I have looked on the Samsung website and no where it is mentioned that there will be FM Radio in Galaxy S5. Other huge websites are saying that there will be no FM Radio in this new smartphone from Samsung. Other smartphone brands like HTC or Sony do have FM radio in their phones and it will be a bad move from Samsung if they dont include their rivals.

I would like the idea for a smartphone to be an all in one device but when ever I used to stream radio in my old phones then it was not very useful because the transmission would break due to data internet dropping every now and then. Samsung does have FM radio in their S4 mini phones, so lets hope that they dont drop it in Galaxy S5 as well.

There will be no FM radio in Samsung Galaxy S5, it has been confirmed. Most of the users now a days use Wifi connection to get live streaming radio stations and it is better than the inbuilt FM radio. The app of the radio remains cost effective compared to the live streaming if you are using 3G or 4G/LTE network connection to get more stable signal.