Thread: How to download games from Google Play Store on Nokia X

How to download games from Google Play Store on Nokia X

My friend just got Nokia X Android smartphone. The phone looks good but this is not so great. It is not having Google Play in it. How can I find games and apps for this. Nokia Store looks very basic. It just shows up all those old applications. But on Google Play there are lot of new things. I never thought that this phone will not have Google Play. Can I install it through some way on this.

Re: How to download games from Google Play Store on Nokia X

The phone does not supports. Google Play.T his is the weirdest thing Nokia did. They don't want to use Google Cloud. Instead they add something that can help you to find apk's through internet. That means via searching on web. This is complicated. You have to root your phone for that. Google Play works but only after rooting which void the phone warranty. This is the unofficial way.

Try searching for games and app on Nokia Store itself. I can see they are giving real racing. But not sure whether it is going to work on Nokia X. You can find a unofficial guide on XDA if you are willing to go ahead with rooting stuff. It is not complicated but risky because if you did it wrong then you will loose the phone warranty and you it will stop working. I don't know how much Nokia service center's will charge.

Wait back for few months. I hope Nokia would release some update in future that will have Google Play in it. Nokia has done this really wrong. There are many brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, Lenovo, etc. They all provide access to Google Play. But only Nokia is not giving the same. This has shattered dreams of many who were willing to buy Nokia Android.