Thread: 3G not working in Acer Liquid E2 Duo while traveling to other country

3G not working in Acer Liquid E2 Duo while traveling to other country

I am having a Acer Liquid E2 Duo smartphone. It came with dual band gsm and 3G support. Recently I traveled to US. The phone works well in my region but as I moved to other country the 3G stopped. There was no issue with the gsm. I want some help here to fix this thing. Where is the problem. Is it with the device or with the telecom provider. I can contacted Acer support but they don't have any answer for this.

Re: 3G not working in Acer Liquid E2 Duo while traveling to other country

Your phone 3G is working on your region band. When you change your location the band frequency changes and you have to configure your phone on that. Or else it will not work. Luckily you can do that manually also. Just go in the device and open the dialer. In that type *#*#4636*#*#. In the window go in Phone Information. Here you have to choose the radio band. Choose USA band from here and done. Your 3G might start working.

Updating your device to the latest Android OS can also help. I do not think the method mentioned above is particularly available for all devices. Here you can check the OTA updates. See whether your phone has a new firmware available or not. You can also report this to Acer. They might distribute this feature in the form update to their devices. I think Android 4.3 is not having this problem.

My friend was having the issue. He is having a Acer phone but some different models. He travels a lot and was complaining about 3G issue. At last when there was no help from Acer, he installed a custom rom in the device. He found that on the web. The custom rom fixed the problem. But this void the phone warranty. So it looks that the issue is in the phone OS. Not in the hardware. I hope Acer can provide some updates for resolving the problem.