Thread: Acer Liquid Z130 failed to boot after OTA update

Acer Liquid Z130 failed to boot after OTA update

After running the latest OTA update on Acer Liquid Z130 the phone failed to boot. I want to know is there anyone else facing the same problem. How to fix it like before. I had tried to restart the phone a number of time but it is not working. Just phone just stuck on the display logo. I want to restore as it was before. How to do that. I had also tried to connect the phone to my phone but nothing happens.

Re: Acer Liquid Z130 failed to boot after OTA update

The phone is bricked. To fix that you have to find the stock firmware of this phone. I think you can get that on the official website. Download that and rename it update.zip. Hold the power + volume down key to boot in recovery and choose install from zip. Just select the file that is copied in the memory card and done. The phone will be restored. But if this does not work then better carry the device to your nearest service center.

You can find the download from Acers Driver Download site. You have to choose the smartphone from the first box and then choose the series and at the last model. Once you are done with that you will get a list of drivers for that at the bottom side. Go to the OS section and download the latest one. The process is simple. Follow the above mentioned steps. If things goes well the phone will start working or else take it to the service center.

This type of issue appear if the update stops in between. You have to simply ensure that you keep your phone fully charged at the time of installation. If the installation is interrupted this kind of issue appear. Usually it is easy to restore but what matters is to find the right firmware for this model. You can see various different edition of firmware on the download site. You have to choose on the basis of your phone specification.