Thread: Internal Storage locked in Acer Liquid E2 Duo

Internal Storage locked in Acer Liquid E2 Duo

I am having a bit issue with internal storage of Acer Liquid E2 Duo. The phone comes with 4GB storage where the internal storage for apps usage is around 2.35GB. And the phone storage lies around 1.6GB which is provided to the users. But when I try to install anything I am getting low space message. I checked and found that only 50mb is left in the internal storage. I cannot install new things and also I cannot remove the pre-installed applications. I had also added a 16GB memory card. But apps goes in the internal storage only.

Re: Internal Storage locked in Acer Liquid E2 Duo

That is a common issue with many device. Here you can use a third party app from Google Play which will help you to move newly installed apps to the SD card. I do this for games. Download App2SD. When you launch it you can see the list of apps and it will give you options to move the same in SD card or not. This is the fastest way to clean up internal storage.

This device is having a storage problem. I had seen the same in my friends device also. The phone just give around 50MB of left space. That is very annoying. What you can do is disable the pre-installed apps. I do this because you cannot uninstall them. For that you have to go in Settings > Apps. In that look for all pre-installed apps and tap on them. Remove any update, clear cache and disable it. That would free up some space.

I do not know why manufacturer does not provide option to directly install a application on the memory card. Almost all of them go in the internal memory. I am having a different phone. But my problem is same. I had configured my gmail account on that. And it just consume a huge amount of internal space. I am unable to find any working solution for the same. I had tried various thing but nothing is working. Atlast I had rooted my phone and modified the default installation directory.