Thread: Acer Aspire S7-391-941​ keeps shutting down on charged battery

Acer Aspire S7-391-941​ keeps shutting down on charged battery

I want some help to fix the shutdown problem faced in Acer Aspire S7-391-9413. This is a nice ultra portable system which looks to be working fine. But sometime while using the internet or while playing games it shutdown on its own. I cannot understand why this is happening constantly. I had tried various things to fix the problem but none of them worked. And I had also noticed the lower panel gets extremely hot. I think this happen at every 2 to 3 hours gap. I want some help to get rid of this problem.

Re: Acer Aspire S7-391-941​ keeps shutting down on charged battery

Try to monitor the cpu temperature and see what output you are getting. You can download a third party software for the same that can give you clear information about the existing temperature. If that is too high then you have to take it to the service center.

There can be various reason behind heating issue. There can be some background application which is working constantly and causing the issue. You have to check that once. You can start with running full system restore. You can also reset the tablet to its official factory restore. Each of this branded system comes with that. Most of the time the system gets heated when it is overused. You said that you are playing games. The second issue is a hardware problem. Ultra-compact system does not has much space for air ventilation. And if you are already using them in a hot environment then there will be more issue. You can simply try back after resetting and see what kind of output you are getting. Just test that once. If that does not work then simply carry the system to service center.

I would not recommend you to go with any manual setup. Better take to the repair center and show them that the system is heating a lot. It is a hardware fault. Today your system is turning after specific time interval. but after it is possible that it would turn off frequently.