Thread: Want some help to recover Acer Iconia W510 using USB optical drive

Want some help to recover Acer Iconia W510 using USB optical drive

I want to go ahead with total recovery of Acer Iconia W510. Here I am trying to recover that via optical drive. I have a usb optical drive but that is not working. I am unable to boot the tablet from it. At first I thought the issue was with the dvd drive which you are using. But that was ok. I later on tried to test 2 different dvds and still it is not working. The tablet is not able to boot. Can anyone help me to fix the issue. How can I simply boot the tablet from usb optical drive and restore windows in it. My tablet is working very slow.

Re: Want some help to recover Acer Iconia W510 using USB optical drive

It is possible that the tablet does not support usb optical drive boot. You have to check that in the specification and then find out the solution. If it does not then you can try booting it from the pen drive directly and restoring windows.

Acer Iconia W510 is a portable device. It is a tablet. And when you are trying to use a optical drive on that, it is not getting enough power. Due to which you are getting the issue. The same thing if you test on a laptop then it really works well. It will boot fine. I think you must use a usb directly here. You can create a bootable usb drive of Os you want and then use it for installation. Most of the Acer tablets are restored through usb only. You can find the process of doing the same on the official website. You just have to find the right os version to go for complete restore or else you will keep on facing issue. To get in proper boot menu you have to turn the off and then hold the value up button with power. You have to disable safe boot from here.

Most of this tablets comes with recovery dvd. Tr y to find your recovery dvd and run that. It will resolve the problem. I think you are here trying to use some third party windows disc due to which you are facing problem.