Thread: How to unlock bios of Acer Iconia W700

How to unlock bios of Acer Iconia W700

I am trying to access the bios of Acer Iconia W700 and each time when I enter I am having a message on the screen saying that the bios is locked. It is asking me a password to access the tablet. I am unable to figure out what can I do to fix the issue. I had never added any password. I had seen in the manual but there is nothing mentioned about the password. I want some help through which I can get rid of the same. Can anyone tel l m e how to unlock the bios.

Re: How to unlock bios of Acer Iconia W700

The bios does not comes locked on its own. Someone might have added the password. To get rid of the bios settings just take the tablet to the official service center. They will restore the original settings back again which is enough to fix the problem.

This is a common issue with many Acer tablets. I had seen that many people are complaining about the bios password and they are unable to get any solution for the same. Now if this is a laptop or desktop then it is quiet easy to get rid of the password. You just have to remove the cmos battery. But in tablets it is a bit complicated to open up the back panel and remove the battery. This can also create warranty issue. The best thing you can do here simply run a full factory restore and then check back. You can also run a bios update. There is a android app available for the same. I am not sure about W700. You can run a bios update to replace the bios completely. And once it is updated the password will also be wiped out.

Bios update is a good thing to try. Because through that you can just wipe out the settings. I am looking for a working procedure here. Acer officially does not give any bios file. I had seen that on their website, I hope to find the same on other place.