Thread: Face unlock not working on Google Nexus

Face unlock not working on Google Nexus

I need some help to fix the face unlock feature of Google Nexus. I had configured my face to unlock the home screen. But that is not working at all. I have to ahead with two or three times to unlock the home screen and sometime it is not working. I had kept two different type of unlock options. I just want to know that does face unlock feature of Google Nexus is buggy. The same thing works really well on Samsung Galaxy S4. My friend his this mobile phone. Or there is something I am doing wrong.

Re: Face unlock not working on Google Nexus

There can be some problem with the camera. Try to clean the back surface and check back. This would be enough to fix the problem. Sometime different location and light also cause the same issue. Try some third party apps for the same.

Most of the time face unblock does not work. There is a reason for the same. When you take picture at that time the scenario on the background is different. And when you are done with that and go ahead with unlocking in some other place the camera is unable to get the right face. This is common with many low resolution camera. But in case of Google Nexus this should not be a issue. It must work fine and give you the kind of output you are looking for. Just try to check your camera settings. See there if you can find any way to make the camera quality better. I had seen this problem commonly in laptops. Many comes with a face unlock feature. And when you try to open them up you get issue due to bad lights around you.

Face unlock is not very accurate. You require some good camera for this and in mobile phone it is a bit not possible. The same thing if you check in iPhone works more better. It just unlock the phone with single scan.

Hey the face recognition system on phones so far is not that good.. and you need perfect ambience and light settings and probably even position and your hair style and stuff even makes a big difference.. you need to be in the same position and light as you were when you first set the face unlock!