Thread: How about using Chrome Bandwidth management on iOS

How about using Chrome Bandwidth management on iOS

Google Chrome has a new bandwidth management thing in it. And this feature is commonly integrated no desktop and mobile version. I want to know whether this is worth to use on iOS. I had seen it on my friend android. I had also tested out the bandwidth thing and it worked really fine. It does not save really high amount of bandwidth but enough to give you constant browsing output. I hope the same works for iOS also. I want settings to enable this thing in iOS.

Re: How about using Chrome Bandwidth management on iOS

It is helpful to some extent. To save a good amount of bandwidth through this. This feature is ideal for those who are on slow internet. It works really fine and has no performance issue. You can find the option to enable it in the settings section.

For this you have to go in the Menu section where you can find Settings. Click on that and then click on Advance. Go to Bandwidth Management. Then tap on Pre-load web pages. You can choose the behavior of this settings. You can select from Always, wifi and never. In this case when you are no high speed internet, the browser will automatically cache your frequently visited pages. So that next time when you click on the same you get instant page on the screen. This is the fastest way to open a page. I will recommend you to turn this thing on. It works well on slow network. All frequently visited websites will be optimized easily through this feature.

There are some third party app available through which you can optimize the bandwidth usage of your mobile phone. It is essential that you do not clean the cache. It will consume a bit space but make web browsing really faster.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    There are some third party app available through which you can optimize the bandwidth usage of your mobile phone. It is essential that you do not clean the cache. It will consume a bit space but make web browsing really faster.

hey.. you mean for example.. if I use another browser.. like Dolphin, and then use this stand alone app.. it would still be able to work with the browser and save bandwidth? or its only for Chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by tunasandwich View Post
    hey.. you mean for example.. if I use another browser.. like Dolphin, and then use this stand alone app.. it would still be able to work with the browser and save bandwidth? or its only for Chrome?
    The bandwidth management feature is only available in Chrome browser for mobile phones and it is much more effective than any other browser. When you open any website first time then its cache gets saved in the browser and hence whenever the next time you will load the same website in the same browser then due to its cached saved in the browser, it will open fast, but if the cache is deleted then it will take little bit of more time to open the same website.

oh that really sucks, cuz I use Dolphin, since its faster and has a lot more features.. I often have problems loading pages and stuff on other browsers.. so I have always gone back to Dolphin, have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by tunasandwich View Post
    oh that really sucks, cuz I use Dolphin, since its faster and has a lot more features.. I often have problems loading pages and stuff on other browsers.. so I have always gone back to Dolphin, have you tried it?
    Yes, I have tested dolphin browser on my android phone and it is amazingly fast. I have also tested the new UC browser which has so many customization options. You can check the whole review made by the Techarena team on UC browser here - http://www.techarena.in/review/25754...ser-review.htm

yes i have tried it before.. but i do not like the layout.. its so boring..

check this out : (I am not allowed to post a URL ! :'( )

end the youtube link with this -> /watch?v=6QNGMD3gWoY