Thread: Nokia Lumia 520 or Samsung Galaxy S

Nokia Lumia 520 or Samsung Galaxy S

I want help to choose a good budget smartphone between Nokia Lumia 520 and Samsung Galaxy S. Both mobiles look to good. But I found Nokia more durable compare to Samsung. I had seen lot of people complaining about the device quality. I want to gift this phone. My friends are suggesting me to go with Android as it give tons of free games and apps. But what about durability. I want to gift a decent phone to m y uncle who is going to use it for net surfing and video chat mostly.

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 or Samsung Galaxy S

I will recommend you to with Nokia. I have Lumia 620. It is an amazing device with great durable design. The touchscreen is smooth and works nicely with multiple applications. If you need something durable then you must go with Nokia.

is there any doubt really....Nokia 520 is a better choice. the only problem here is you will not get android os. I personally dont like the GUI of windows. It gives me creeps. Literally.

Samsung galaxy S is an very old phone . You will not get any updates. Old hardware config. Old OS unless u use custom rom.

My Option: Get the best of both worlds... go for a newer android phone at the same price
    range.

Today Android is the most popular platform. I f you go with Windows then things are limited on it. You cannot get different apps and games for that. Android has a vast amount of games and app support. Many pc software are no on Android that makes your job more easier. If you are willing to go with Android then I have some nice budget suggestion for you. Do not go for Samsung Galaxy S. It is a slow phone. My friend has this and he is not happy. There are some good phone under Rs.10,000 which you can buy. The one which I found better instead of Galaxy S is HTC Wildfire S. This phone comes for Rs.8200. This is a good budget price. If you are ready to spend more then you can get more better models between Rs.15000 to Rs.2000.

Lumia devices are for professional usage. They have long battery life, smart surfing features and durable design. From all points this phone are great for day to day usage. But those who need games can go for Android. Or else Lumia is the best choice.