Thread: Acer Iconia W510 always display wrong time on Windows 8.1

Acer Iconia W510 always display wrong time on Windows 8.1

I want some help to fi x the time issue on Acer Iconia W510. It comes with Windows 8.1. Each time it shows me a wrong time and does not allow me to do anything. I am unable to understand the issue behind this problem. I had tried various things to fix the problem but it fails to work. The time is messed up whenever I restart the tablet. I am not able to understand what kind of problem is this. It is associated with the operating system or with the hardware.

Re: Acer Iconia W510 always display wrong time on Windows 8.1

This tablet has this issue in it. That means there are many other users who are getting the same kind of problem and there is no solution for this. I had seen a similar query on acer forums also, and they are unable to give any working solution.

It looks like the issue lies with the bios time. It is not set properly due to which upon restart you loose the actual time. You have to go in bios and you will need to restore the original time. You can see that in bios and the second thing you can do is set internet time instead of using bios time. So that whenever your tablet is on it will update the time through active internet connection. For that right click on the clock in System Tray and choose Adjust date/time. From the popup window just select that you are in the right time zone. Choose it properly based on your location. Then click on Internet Time and then click on change settings. Click on Update now and done. This would be enough to keep the time constant.

Almost all portable system have a cmos battery in them which manages the time. In your cause the battery is gone. That is the reason the time is not saved. It is not easy to replace it. You can try some other settings through which you can get updated time.