Thread: How to repair broken charging port of Acer Iconia Tab A100

How to repair broken charging port of Acer Iconia Tab A100

I want some help to fix the broken charging port of Acer Iconia Tab A100. I had connected it on the dock. This morning when I lifted it up and used my regular charging it was not working. I tried a number of time. Later on checked the port and there are broken pin in it. The charge does not fit well inside. What can I do to get rid of this issue. I had tried many things to fix the problem but nothing is working here. I want some help to repair this. My tablet is not under warranty.

Re: How to repair broken charging port of Acer Iconia Tab A100

You cannot repair that on your own-self. You have to take that to the service center. Just by paying small amount you can fix that thing. It is a hardware issue. The technician at service center can easily replace the port.

I had gone with the similar issue on a different android tablet. The charging port was not working at all. I tried many things to fix it. I know a guy who run a mobile repairing shop and is quiet good in fixing tablets also. I took the tab to him and he replaced the port. As my tablet was out of warranty, so I can repair it anywhere. Charging went back to normal. The table charging port was damaged, and a new one was added on the tablet board. You can find a replacement for the charging port easily, but it is complicated to fit it on the tablet. It has to soldered properly or else there can be more severe damage. It is almost two months the tablet is working fine. I will also recommend you to show the tab to some local repair shop.

It is not easy to fix it on your own. I accidentally dropped my tablet and lost the screen. I have pay a good amount to get that fixed as it is not covered under warranty. Now I bought a good case to keep it safe.