Thread: Android phone not detecting as removable storage

Android phone not detecting as removable storage

There is a weird issue with my LAVA mobile phone. Whenever I connect the phone to my usb hub it is not giving me option to enable Removable storage. It only charge the phone. I am having this issue from last couple of weeks. Before that whenever I connect my phone it is detected as removable storage. I just have to tap on that and I can transfer content from the phone or in the device. I am not able to understand the issue. The usb hub is proper. I use all my pen drive on it and it is properly detected. How can fix the problem.

Re: Android phone not detecting as removable storage

Just once check the cable. I think it is not properly connected due to which you are getting that issue. For testing try to connect the mobile directly on the backside of pc where usb ports lie. And see if you are getting the removable storage option or not.

I had got the same issue on my old LAVA phone. It was not detecting the pc connection. It shows me charging mode only. That is because of my brother who messed with usb connection settings. When you connect the phone with pc you can see a message in Notification center. Just slide it down and you can see a option Touch for other usb options. Tap on that and it will take you to USB Computer Connection. In that you can see 5 different connectivity options. They are usb storage, media device, camera, charge only and built in cd rom. From that tap on USB storage and then retry to connect. This is enough to fix the issue. If still you are getting problem try to reset the phone completely. Do this only after taking data backup.

I think this is a connectivity problem. Most of the time the phone automatically gives you option to connect to pc. And you don't really need to enable that manually. Try to change the cable and check once. I think there is some issue with the port.

It would be good if you had given more details about the mobile phone and the Computer . But i will try to convey as far i can.

Your checklist:

1. Check if your Computers OS is compatible. Some old OS dont detect android phone.
    2. In some phones like samsung you can enable the "storage mode" and then re insert it.
    3.if in a pc you can go to my computer right click and go to manage. Over here under devices you should be able to see your phone. Else some problem is there with your cable/phone jack/usb port etc. you will have to check them individually