Thread: Replacing hard drive of Lenovo T530 laptop

Replacing hard drive of Lenovo T530 laptop

How to get a new hard drive for Lenovo T530 laptop. It has a 500GB hard drive in it. But there is some issue with the system. The drive is not working fine. The system crash multiple time. The system is almost out of warranty. So I have to buy another one. I had tried locating laptop hard drive. They are cheaper compare to what dell is selling.S o I want some help to replace the same. I tried locating a procedure through which I can my self remove the drive and replace it. Can anyone help me here.

Re: Replacing hard drive of Lenovo T530 laptop

If you have never did this then I will not recommend you to go for the same. It can be problematic. Try to contact a technician who can help you to replace the hard drive. You can find a good laptop drive at budget price on web.

I am having a old Sony laptop who drive was dead. Later on I found a similar model drive from ebay. I was able to replace the same through the user manual of the laptop. I found that on sony site. The manual has a complete procedure through which you can open up a laptop more easily. You have to locate the service manual for your laptop. Without that it is complicated to open it up. You can break something if you try to forcibly open the same. To get a bit use to the same you can go on YouTube and find out the procedure to open up a laptop. Each laptop has a different kind of procedure to open. Many of them have the drive panel at the bottom. You can just open it up and replace it. While some laptop has everything pack inside. You have to remove the lower panel completely.

I also think you must not go with your own stuff. Try carrying to a technician who can properly replace the drive. Dell is bit costly in terms of upgrade. I had upgraded ram of my system. My friend is good in that he helped to get a cheap ram and now the system works more faster.

I dont' have the same laptop but i have replaced a lot of hard disks. Hard disks are the most common component that crash very frequently. That's why most of the manufactures make a separate removable slot for Hard disks.

You just need to remove the slot at the bottom. unplug the old HD. Slip the new one in place and connect it. That's it u have to do, Done.

Before replcing check the size of ur old and new Hard disks. Mostly it wil be 2.5 inch. Obviously the thickness of both the HDs should be same.