Thread: Acer Iconia W700 not working fine after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Acer Iconia W700 not working fine after upgrading to Windows 8.1

There is a bit issue after going ahead with Windows 8.1 upgrade on Acer Iconia W700. The upgrade was fine.But after that there is a bit issue with the system. The system is not working fine. I am using a mouse and keyboard on it. I am unable to get proper output from the same. The mouse cursor lags or lot. And sometime the screen flicker. It looks there is some kind of driver issue in the system. When I try to some videos windows media player crashes. What should I do to fix the issue.

Re: Acer Iconia W700 not working fine after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Always before going ahead for upgrade run Windows Upgrade adviser. This tool is good enough to tell you whether your system is capable of working with the new windows version or not. And after that only go for upgrade. Right-now you can only ahead and test out the drivers through Windows Update.

Fortunately you can download Windows 8.1 drivers from the official site. All set of drivers are separately available for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. So just go on Acers website and choose the tablet model. Download all the drivers and run them one by one. Before doing that just go in Control panel > Uninstall programs and see whether any old drivers is left in or not. You have to remove the same. You can use a good uninstaller software. This tool will scan your pc and will give you pending software's. You can remove drivers and many things through this. Once you are done with the cleaning of the system you can then finally go ahead and install each and every driver one by one manually.

It is always better to format and install everything from scratch. If you go ahead with upgrade kind of stuff then you face this type of problem. You can download a Windows 8.1 USB upgrade package and use it for installing it on the tablet.