Thread: Cannot install VGA driver on Acer Iconia W700 after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Cannot install VGA driver on Acer Iconia W700 after Windows 8.1 upgrade

I want some help to update the latest vga driver of Acer Iconia W700 tablet. I am having a bit issue after Windows 8.1 upgrade. I cannot understand why I am getting the error. I h ad gone with a fresh upgrade where things were fine. There was no issue at all. Later on I had downloaded all the drivers from the official website. And when I go ahead with installing each of them one by one I am getting error with vga driver. I had not tested any other. I had downloaded the Windows 8.1 drivers. What can be issue.

Re: Cannot install VGA driver on Acer Iconia W700 after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Did you checked the driver version. Just try once again to download the right version on the basis of Windows operating system you have. There are chances that the file which you had downloaded is damage or corrupt. And by re-downloading the issue will be resolved.

Drivers are always a big problem after performing clean upgrades. I am unable to understand why we are not getting all the updated drivers pre-installed in the new Windwos upgrade. This would be a time saver. I had tried testing a few vga drivers on similar tablet. But they are all giving errors. It looks acer is giving incompatible drivers through their site. So I installed DriverMax in the tablet. It is a driver updater tool. After scanning the system the tool is cable to give me all required drivers. It is quit easy and there is no need to manually locate different drivers. You can also go with the same procedure. Just download the software in your system and update it. That's it.

You can also try running Windows update. A major amount of drivers are provided through windows update. I just got the recent version for my system which has nvidia graphic card. The video output is more improved now.