Thread: How to remove bios password of Acer Iconia W510

How to remove bios password of Acer Iconia W510

My friend bought this Acer Iconia W510 tablet to me. He said he is not able to enter bios. There is a password in that. And according to him he never added a bios password. But whenever he try to access the tablet is asking for the password. I had also seen the same. I want to know what options are available through which we can get rid of that password. I had tried to go ahead with different process but nothing works. I had also seen the manual but that also shows nothing. Does anyone knows to remove this. Will opening the tablet can help.

Re: How to remove bios password of Acer Iconia W510

I do think so it is possible to remove that. You have to carry the tablet to service center. They might reset the tablet and will give you the same without password. You can try checking the bios flash method online.

Bios flash can reset but there is no 100% surety for that. Bios password does not allow you to do any changes in the tablet. For removing you can run bios flash through usb. I am going to give you process to reset the bios. For that you have to first download the bios driver file from the official site. Using this file you have to create a bootable usb drive. You can then boot the tablet through that and reset the bios. You can overwrite the bios settings through which one is already available in the pen drive. After that try back to go in the bios. If this process fails then carry the tablet to service center. Do not attempt to open up the tablet, this will void the warranty.

Bios reset can fix the issue, only if you can find the right version. If you go with an outdated or wrong edition then there are chances that the tablet will fail to start. So do this properly and checkout the complete procedure before doing this.