Thread: Loud fan noise and vibration on Acer Aspire S3

Loud fan noise and vibration on Acer Aspire S3

There is a bit problem with my Acer Aspire S3 system. The system is making too much noise when it on.The sound comes for the fan. It is spinning very fast which vibrates the system a lot. It looks the cpu inside is heating a lot. I had seen cpu usage in task manager which remains at decent percentage. What can be done to fix this issue. How can I can make the fan rotation less so that I can simply reduce the vibration. I had installed a few games recently after which this issue appeared.

Re: Loud fan noise and vibration on Acer Aspire S3

This kind of issue only appear when there is some background application constantly using your processor. The cpu fan spin at faster speed to lower the temperature. Boot your system in safe mode and remove some recently installed applications and test back.

Download and install Cpu Temp monitor tool on your system. This tool will give you active information on your processor temperature. If it is quiet high then try to terminate all the background apps. Sometime your system accumulate huge amount of dust inside that cause the issue. The fan starts spinning at faster rate to maintain air ventilation. You can simply try to clean up the system through a brush. If it is not understand warranty then you can open up on your ownself. But if you are not aware about the same then leave it and take help from a expert technician. You can try updating bios of your system. This will add a bit more benefit to your system.

I think the fan is damage. Due to which it is making noise. You can take the same to service center and get a replacement for the same. Do not attempt to open up on your own self. It can cause serious issue if you are unable to fix it.

I had the same problem long back. Lets see some facts here. The speed of the fan in laptops is generally configured to increase with the temp. The temperature is monitored by the sensors. Now when you are running a high end program your processor gets heated up a lot and in turn the fans rotates at the maximum speed continuously.
    Now over time what happens is a lot of dust accumulates on the fan. This makes the fan to struggle while spinning. Hence the sound.

Solution:
    1. First Remove the laptop and clean the fan properly.
    2. If the thermal paste on the processor is old( old thermal pastes become very hard and loose their gel nature.) try and get it re-applied.
    3. Check if the fan is touching some other parts while spinning. Then replace the fan itself or straighten the bent components.

This is how i got rid of my problem.