Thread: Can cooling pad will keep my laptop safe from overheating

Can cooling pad will keep my laptop safe from overheating

My laptop is heating a lot. I have a Core i5 system and I bought the same for gaming. In start few months it worked really well. There was no heating issue. But from last few days I can see the system is getting more hotter. Sometime it just shutdown on its own. When I try to turn it on, it remains off and after few hours it get back to normal. The below part is extremely hot at that time. Can a cooling pad below will be helpful in keeping the system cooler. I am unable to play games constantly on this. I had attached a big size monitor.

Re: Can cooling pad will keep my laptop safe from overheating

I do not think cooling pad will help you. You need better cooling solution for your system. Try to carry it to the service center it if is under warranty. There are chances the fan has failed or it is not spinning at maximum.

Laptop always has a issue with cooling. That is due to low space inside. All you can do is try to turn it off after few hours of usage. This also increase the processors life. You have to install a cpu fan and temperature tool on your system. This tool will give you real-time information about the fan speed and increasing temperature. If the speed is really low then the fan is gone. You have to get it replaced. Low fan speed cause more and more heat in the cpu. There can be dust in the system also. This is blocking air flow due to which it is heating. Cooling pad does not help much. They can just keep the lower part a bit cooler. Replacing the fan will resolve the issue. I got this issue on my desktop which was due to poor fan. I bought a good one with heat pipe and bigger fan. The system works ok now.

For gaming I always recommend a desktop. Because there you can make changes as per your need. In laptop you cannot do much. In desktop you can even add a liquid cooler which is quiet better for extreme usage.