Thread: Does leaving USB Debugging on is risky

Does leaving USB Debugging on is risky

I am trying to use some tools on my pc through which I can manage my android phone. But they need usb debugging. I want to know whether keeping usb debugging always on is risky or not. I test a few new applications daily on my phone. Now there are some apps which require to leave usb debugging turned on all the time. Does this can cause any security or virus issue. I just want to know the safety measures to protect my phone data and avoid virus.

Re: Does leaving USB Debugging on is risky

It is not really recommended. Because through that anyone can access your phone data without unlocking it. The best thing is to enable it only when needed. And then turn it off when you are not using those applications.

As per expert developers it is not good to keep USB debugging on. This is because of security issue. When it is enabled there are chances that your data can get leaked. Some apps are smart enough to pull out hole data from your phone when this is turned on. You can create a shortcut on your home screen. This shortcut can help you to enable usb debugging whenever needed. When you are using the phone with some third party pc suite or when you are rooting the device you can turn it on and when not required you can turn it off. This is the most simple way to manage. USB debugging is usually used by developers for flashing rom or making any changes in the device.

I was not aware about that. I always keep my usb debugging on. I will take care from next time. After rooting my device I had left usb debugging on all the time. I am using Carbon to backup my phone data.