Thread: Acer Iconia A100/A500 failed to turn on

Acer Iconia A100/A500 failed to turn on

I have an acer tablet. I am not really sure about the model. It can be Acer Iconia A100 or Acer Iconia A500. It is not turning on. The tablet is just stuck in the bot screen. At first I thought this tablet does not has maximum charging. So I kept it on charge for hours. But still that did not helped. The tablet is just stucked on the boot logo. I cannot repair this. Some articles on web says that the tablet is having hardware issue and I have to carry it to the service center. Is there anything I can do at home itself.

Re: Acer Iconia A100/A500 failed to turn on

I also think there is a hardware fault in your tablet. Better carry the same to service center and get it fixed. Don't attempt to fix the same on your own. There can be more problem. Just take it to your nearest service center and check back.

You can run a full factory reset to get rid of that problem. And remember that after doing you will loose all your internal data. If you are wiling to move ahead then you can go ahead with my process or you can simply carry it to the service center. To run a full factory reset just turn off the tablet. Hold the volume up and power button together to reset. Factory reset will start within few minutes. Wipe out the complete user data and then reboot the tablet. If still the tablet stuck on the boot screen then the only option left is to carry it to repair center. There is some internal hardware issue. This type of issue appear when you are trying to modify the operating system. Or else such problem does not occur on their own.

I got a bricked tablet when I was trying to root it. The process was not proper. Later on I have to carry it to the service center. They flashed the OS back into it but they charged me for the same.