Thread: Acer Iconia W3 Tablet video driver failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Acer Iconia W3 Tablet video driver failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Found a new Windows 8.1 upgrade on Acer Iconia W3 Tablet. After installing the same I am not able to get a clear video output. The screen is large and video driver does not looks to be working. I ran windows update also but still it does not give any proper solution. I need some help to fix the same. Where can I get new Windows 8.1 driver for Acer Iconia W3 Tablet. I had tried to find the same on official site also, but not able to get anything. I am not having any driver disc with me. Can anyone help to locate proper drivers for the tablet. Will Windows 8 driver work.

Re: Acer Iconia W3 Tablet video driver failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Driver update is automatically done. It is done through simple update. Keep on trying to find a proper one. You can also visit the official Windows Update site to get updates for that tablet.

There are some third party driver updater tool which you can use. They are effective and smart enough to offer all kind of driver update. DriverMax is one of them. I am using this from long time. You have to buy this tool. The tool will scan your system for pending drivers and install everything automatically. It is simple and has a huge database. All driver updates will be installed automatically from time to time. So that you can get a effective output. Second thing you can do is visit the official site. There can be some package available. Windows Update will not help much here. It only offer drivers for gpus. I had seen that. But when it comes to tablet or other portable devices you wll not get a valid output. Using a third party driver updater tool will help you much in finding a appropriate solution.

You can find the drivers on the official website. Go to the driver download section and choose your tablet. There is a 28.4MB Driver Package is available separately for Windows 8.1. You can download that and apply. This will fix the issue.

Finding drivers for windows is not a big deal. But when it comes to tablet then I do not think any third party driver updater software is going to help here. You have to somehow find the driver and run the setup. That is the only way to make this thing work. Did you once tried to find the same on the official site of Acer. Each tablet has a support section where you can find the required drivers. Sometime you would also find the complete Windows OS that can be used for re-installation. Or you can directly contact Acer for the issue. They have a customer support section. You can ask them to offer you a download link for the right drivers. I will not recommend you to go ahead with any kind of driers or third party tools. Because there chances that it might brought up more problems associated with the OS.

Acer offers a driver package for Windows 8 for different tablets. You have to go in the support section and choose the appropriate model. You can download the package and install that in your system.

Tyr DriverMax. It is a tiny tool that comes in free and paid edition. The free edition here help you to get all the drivers but it is limited only by two downloads. And when you get the full one you can get all of them download and install at once. I had tested this software on a very old windows xp pc. I was not having the driver for internal raid controller. The system was infected with virus and anyhow I have to format it. After formatting many things where not working. Like the audio, video, etc. After searching at various places I was not able to found the drivers. And through DriverMax everything is properly installed. There is no issue at all. So you must try out the same once on your tablet. This will help you to get the right driver updates.

This might slow the tablet to some extent till you run the software. Once you get the driver it is better always to remove it. So that your system can work much more faster. You have to check the software system requirement before install this tool.