Thread: Need to replace Samsung Monte GT-S5620

Need to replace Samsung Monte GT-S5620

I have been very happy with my Monte, but now my wife wants it, so I have to think of a replacement. Does anyone know if there is a more up to date replacement in Samsung lineup? I would like a 'phone with good camera, but my other needs are very modest - emails, occasional text and very few phone calls. I have been looking at some contract deals and comparing with pay-as-U-go which I am on now. I understand that the 'phone is mine at the end of the contract, but what happens then? Does any provider offer contract without a phone? If not, then can I convert the 'phone to pay-as-U-go at the end of a contract? Also, can I keep my existing number?

I'd be grateful to hear any suggestions.

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Need to replace Samsung Monte GT-S5620

It depends on the contract whether you can keep the phone after the contract ends or you will have to return the same, you need to read the Terms of Services which is written in the contract. As for choosing a mobile phone, can you tell us your budget. There are many high end lines of Samsung mobiles in the market now, such as the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, etc. These phones are the top selling ones in the market currently.

Thanks for that Pugsly. I will check the deals available on contract, but I am tempted to buy an unlocked 'phone and use my SIM to transfer data and keep the same number that I have had for years. Money is not important and I was looking at Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and HTC One. Galaxy Note is very nice, but I am concerned that it will be too large to carry around.
    Thanks again,

Alex

Galaxy Note phones are large but still due to their thinness they can easily fit in any pocket. I am using Galaxy Note 2 for years now and I am quite happy with its performance and everything related to gaming or youtube streaming. HTC One is also a good phone but compared to Galaxy Note 3 it is nothing although HTC One can be directly compared with the Note 2. Samsung Galaxy 3 mini is way beyond in technical terms in comparison. And if you want some unlocked phone then consider giving out a huge amount for this big phones, approx. $500 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dinsh View Post
    Galaxy Note phones are large but still due to their thinness they can easily fit in any pocket. I am using Galaxy Note 2 for years now and I am quite happy with its performance and everything related to gaming or youtube streaming. HTC One is also a good phone but compared to Galaxy Note 3 it is nothing although HTC One can be directly compared with the Note 2. Samsung Galaxy 3 mini is way beyond in technical terms in comparison. And if you want some unlocked phone then consider giving out a huge amount for this big phones, approx. $500 or so.
    I bought an unlocked Galaxy SIII Mini on Amazon for £164. I note what you say, but as I will be using it only for emergency calls and to access emails/internet on Wi-Fi when I am at home, it is more than fast enough for that. I find any mobile/tablet and even some notebooks too small in comparison with the convenience of a full size keyboard and large monitor of my PC.
    Thanks again,
    Alex