Thread: Does Acer W510 Tablet has scaling option for gaming

Does Acer W510 Tablet has scaling option for gaming

I am trying to play some old games on Acer W510. It comes with Intel Atom Z2760 processor. I want some help to find how can I enable scaling options in it. I had checked the specification of the processor that shows it might support scaling. But it is not working at all. Does this thing is available somewhere in the graphic settings. I am also trying to find the same thing in the technical details of Acer W510. But there is nothing listed. I hope this works because without the same it will be complicated to play games on full screen mode.

Re: Does Acer W510 Tablet has scaling option for gaming

No it is not present on the tablet you had mentioned. You have to play the game on low settings. Or you will have to upgrade your tablet to some other gaming one. I had seen the specs. Even after updating the graphic driver you wont get anything.

Acer W510 is not really meant for gaming. It is a windows tablet ideal for professional usage. If you try to play games on the same the output will be affected. I would recommend you to avoid gaming the same. There are few old games which you can try out but it might freeze or crash. For gaming Android tablets are the best one. Many of the new brands in the market comes loaded with a quad core processor and dedicated gpu support. So that you can get processing power as well you get amazing graphic output. My friend recently bought Sony Xperia tablet. It is amazing. The screen size is big and it has amazing hardware support on the same. You can play a ton of games and enjoy smooth output. Resolution is also great. So I am also thinking of getting a high end one. For your tablet you can try to sell it off and get a new one.

Scaling is not possible on low end systems. You require a good one for that. I had seen some tablets which has good Intel cpu but they are not efficient in terms of gaming. This type issue usually occur in terms of gaming only.

Many windows tablet are not ideal for gaming. While if we compare them with Android, the manufacturer emphasize more on gaming. Like the recently released surface tablet. They are good when it comes to professional usage. But they wont help you much in installing fresh games. In future we can get some powerful tablet on which we can play pc like games. But this require a huge amount of power. Rightnow it is smart to go for android tablet.Because they are cheaper and come loaded with reasonable hardware. You have all stuff in it. And also they are more cheaper compare to windows. The best example I can give you is about Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. This new tablet is good and nice enough to give you long lasting output. It is fast and impressive in terms of features.

Intel does not looks interested in making its way on mobile platform. And windows tablet makers are not using any other cpu like one from Snapdragon. This makes the tablet low in terms of output.