Thread: Secondary screen not working on Acer Iconia W510 through HDMI

Secondary screen not working on Acer Iconia W510 through HDMI

I am trying to connect Acer Iconia w510 to my monitor through HDMI to VGA cable. The same cable I was using on TV directly where it is working with my pc. But when I am trying to do the same with tablet it is not working. I am not able to screen any signal on the screen. I had seen the driver updates of Acer Iconia w510 which looks fine and active. But it is not working when I am trying to get the same on my TV. What should I do to fix the issue.

Re: Secondary screen not working on Acer Iconia W510 through HDMI

It might only work if your TV or any other secondary monitor has a HDMI cable. I do not thing it is going to work if you are using a convertor type of tool like HDMI to VGA. You must go ahead with HDMI to HDMI only.

Re: Secondary screen not working on Acer Iconia W510 through HDMI

This is a driver bug. I am sure new driver are not updated in your system. And here the cable does not really matter much. You can go with hdmi to hdmi as well as hdmi to vga output. The cable will do the job if there is a signal alleviate in the output tablet. I wll advice you to first go ahead with removing the old drivers and install the new one. You can find that on the official website. To get the screen output one by one try different resolution settings. You can change it manually. There can be a resolution limitation for the secondary screen that you can test by applying a new resolution each time. But if nothing works then the only option left is to change the hdmi to vga cable. This thing is faulty and giving you problem. So just change it and try back.