Thread: trackpad issues with Acer Aspire S7

trackpad issues with Acer Aspire S7

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire S7 laptop. I am having problems with trackpad which is not going straight in vertical direction at all. When I want to visit any internet pages then it is very irritating to click on some little internet url address. I cannot use a mouse all the time for doing such little things. So, is there any solution for this issue? Thanks

Re: trackpad issues with Acer Aspire S7

Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the latest trackpad driver for your Acer Aspire S7 by downloading it from the Acer website. After that if you would like to enable the 2 finger touch popup menu then open registry editor and go to this key - HKCU\software\elan\smartpad and then change the below values:

"Tap_Two_Finger_ShowItem"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Enable"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Ex"=""
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Path"=""

After that restart your laptop and then check if the trackpad is working fine.

Even I was having the same problem with this laptop and after doing a search on google I found out that the right bottom corner of the trackpad is used to emulate the right button. Similarly the left bottom corner of the trackpad is used for left button and if you want to swipe from left side to right side of the trackpad then you get the same effects as swiping on the touch screen.

To troubleshoot the issue, click on start and then go to Control Panel. After that click on Accessibility options and then untick the box next to "Use Sticky Keys," "Use FilterKeys" and "Use ToggleKeys." Now you need to click ok to unlock the keyboard and also the keypad. After that click Start and then go to Control Panel again. Now click on Hardware and Sounf and then Mouse. After that click the Touchpad tab and then click Default under the Touchpad tab to reset it to original settings.