Thread: Acer Aspire S7 wont wake up from Sleep sometimes

Acer Aspire S7 wont wake up from Sleep sometimes

I have a Acer Aspire S7 that I bought from my local computer vendor. It is running on the latest Windows 8.1 operating system and has got some issues with the Sleep functions. If I close the lid then the laptop would go immediately to sleep but when I open the open the lid then the screen remains in the sleep mode only? Only sometimes it will wake up if I continuously open or close the lid. Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks

Re: Acer Aspire S7 wont wake up from Sleep sometimes

Can you tell us whether it was working fine in Windows 8? If it was then I assume that at the time of upgrading to Windows 8.1 operating system there could have been some problem. Have you tried reinstalling and updating all the drivers in your laptop. You can easily get all the drivers for your Acer Aspire S7 laptop from this link - http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, just use the search function and enter your model.

In your Windows 8 operating system you need to open Device Manager by pressing and holding the Windows logo key and X key. After you get the list of hardware categories you need to search the device that you would like to allow for waking your laptop and then double click on the same device. After that click Power Management tab and then check mark "Allow this device to wake the computer" option and click ok.

Many people who own Acer Aspire S7 notebook are having this problem and the temporary solution to fix this issue is to recover your netbook using the Acer Recovery Manager tool built in your operating system. After you have recovered to Windows 8 then try to upgrade it to 8.1 without installing any driver. After the upgrade only try to install the drivers. Also try to install the latest BIOS version for the motherboard if you can.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's