Thread: Acer Iconia w500 fails to boot after flashing the bios

Acer Iconia w500 fails to boot after flashing the bios

I had flashed the bios of Ace iConia W500. It was freezing a lot. So I found a method on the web for flashing the same. After that there is a new issue that started appearing. I am not able to use the tablet. It is not booting at all. All I can see is a blue light. Before I had few games in that. The tablet started heating and freezing. So I went on some forums on web through which I found after flashing the bios the issue can be resolved. I did the same and now landed into a new problem. Can anyone help.

Re: Acer Iconia w500 fails to boot after flashing the bios

The only thing you can do is re-flash it. It looks you had not carried out the process properly. Due to which you face the issue. Try re-flashing it once again and this follow the proper procedure. Download the right flash file from web and then check back.

From where have you downloaded the bios file. You have to find a new version of the same on official acer site. Download the file and keep it saved on your desktop. You can then use that to flash the bios of the tablet. If the tablet is under warranty then you had just lost it. If your table was freezing then it was better you carry it to the service center. You must not attempt to modify the same. It is a complicated procedure and if not done properly then you might face severe issue in it. So the first thing I will recommend you to go online and search for a proper bios file. And use the same for flashing purpose. This would help you in fixing the problem. It looks you had gone with the wrong flashing method due to which the tab is not working .

Sometime wrong process cause the issue. You have to do the same back again. Download a new file this time. The existing might be damage and then try back. If it is not working carry the same to service center.