Thread: Acer Iconia Tab W500 screen rotation stopped

Acer Iconia Tab W500 screen rotation stopped

I have recently bought a new Acer Iconia Tab W500. After getting it I upgraded it to the latest Windows 8. But after this the screen will not rotate at all. I tried to reset the tab by inserting a pin in its reset hole that it didnt work for me? It seems that the rotate lock is completely turned off and there is no way to turn it back on. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Acer Iconia Tab W500 screen rotation stopped

Have you tried to install the G Sensor driver for Windows 8 and checked if that works. You can download the G Sensor driver from this link. If that doesnt work then you might need to downgrade back to the OEM Windows 7 and then update all the drivers and after that run the upgrade to Windows 8 and see if that helps.

Even I was having the same problem with my W500 tablet. When I updated to Windows 8 pro then the automatic screen rotation worked for a week and after that it did not function. So, I just reinstalled the device driver and also the Amd driver. The tab was able to change the screen from landscape to portrait but it stuck there. After that I checked that Windows 8 doesnt give an option for automatic but manually orientation.

My friend was also having the screen rotation issue on his A500 tab. He told me that there was somekind of problem with the Task Killer app installed in his tab. So, after once he removed all those apps then the screen rotation started to work normally. If this doesnt work, then note that if any app is crashing your tab, if you found any then immediately try to remove it and then see if the rotation works normally.