Thread: Wifi disconnects automatically in Acer Iconia W700 Tablet PC

Wifi disconnects automatically in Acer Iconia W700 Tablet PC

There is a weird issue with my friends tablet. It is a new Acer Iconia W700. He had bought it a few days ago. He is unable to use the tablet at his home due to wifi issue. At first we through the problem was with the connection. Then to test the same I enable mobile hotspot on my device and still the tablet disconnect after a few time. It happens within a few minutes after start. We are unable to stream any video or view any content. The wifi is not stable at all. I am using the same internet connection on my phone which works really fine. There is no connectivity failure problem.

Re: Wifi disconnects automatically in Acer Iconia W700 Tablet PC

This is a hardware issue. Contact the customer support or carry the tablet to your nearby service center. You will definitely get a fix for the same. It must work on it is won. If it is crashing then the wifi chip is not proper.

For your internet connection the first thing I will recommend you to check the connectivity. You can go in cmd and ping any website. The command you have to type is ping google.com -t. And hit enter. If there is any connection drop is between then it means the connection is not stable. You will have to reconfigure the router back again or contact your isp for the issue.But if you are getting continuous respond from the same then you will have to check the tablet. Backup your data and run a full system reset. This is a easy process of fixing problem. Check for any latest updates if available. Reset will restore all the old settings back and then you can go ahead with reconfiguration of internet back again. There are some wifi analyzer app available for android which you can use to test out the problem. Most of time it is a hardware issue and it is common with many tablets and smartphones.

I got the same issue on Lenovo P7770. First the wifi stopped working and then the issue appeared with Bluetooth. I had backup all the data and ran full factory restore. This resolve the issue. There is no issue at all.

WiFi unstability can be due to many reason. first of all your tablet would be far from the router. Some device comes with low range due to which they wont properly if you are a bit far away. Second the connection will drop if the wifi chip of tablet is weak. So here the first thing you can do is go on Google play and use some wifi testing application. There are many alleviate. This app will give you the information on strength and other stuff. You can optimize the wifi through app and try the same. I had seen a update on site which shows that some models are going to get Jellybean update. The models are Iconia Tab A700, Iconia Tab A701, Iconia Tab A510, Iconia Tab A511, Iconia Tab A210 & Iconia Tab A211.

Wifi issue is common in many tablet. My friends ipad is also giving the same issue. The connection keeps on dropping in between at the time of using the same. It blocks video streaming. I do not think this can be resolved by any app or update.

What actually is happening. The wifi is getting disconnected or it is taking long time to connect. You have to check the wifi signal. See the strength there. If it is weak then it is a router issue. The router antenna is not giving out good output due to which you are facing problem. You have to update the router. I got the issue on my old router which were used on 3 laptops and 4 mobile phone. Each time some of them are complaining about failed connection. I through first the problem was with the device, but actual issue was with the router. I upgraded to a much better one. I bought one from Dlink with dual antenna support. It worked fine and there is no performance issue.The connectivity is stable.

That is a internal issue. You can try factory reset but that is not going to help you much. The second thing you can do is go with re-flashing the OS and install it back. You have to first find the file from its official site.