Thread: How to flash official Jelly Bean ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A210

How to flash official Jelly Bean ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A210

I want some help to update Jellybean on Acer Iconia Tab A210. It came with ICS and on the official website I can find the download of Jellybean ROM. This is a official rom. But I am not aware about the procedure. Also I want to know whether it is safe or not. What if there is some issue and I want to restore everything back. It is necessary to backup the photos from tablet. What if I loose all my paid games. How to get them back. I don't have any copy with me.

Re: How to flash official Jelly Bean ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A210

Flashing will wipe out all the data. So better backup everything. You can use a backup tool from Google play for the same. There are many of them available. Try to them to get reasonable solution on your issue.

The process will wipe out all the data. I am going to give you the entire steps. But you must take the data backup as per your need. Don't go without backup there can be problem. The first thing you have to do is install the latest drivers in your system. This usb drivers will be used for taking backup and for running the Jellybean rom on the tablet. Then download the latest rom and keep it aside. You will have to copy the rom file in the SD card of tablet pc. Move it in the sd card and then insert the same in your tablet. Then turn off the tablet. Hold the volume down + power button. The device will vibrate. Leave the power key and keep holding the volume down key. Again if the device vibrate then instantly hold the volume up key. You will get in the boot-mode. Here you have to use the volume up button to choose apply update from SD card. Select the image file and run the same. That's all.The rom is installed.

What about restoration. What is the rom is not working fine and I want the old one back. I am looking for something like recovery. I had not able to find any options in Acer tablet, while in Windows tablet a recovery partition is available.

I am also looking for similar procedure. I went on some site to find out the process, but many says that jellybean update is pending to land on this device. That means it is not yet available. This is really weird. I thought the update is already rolled out and this would be available soon. But things are different here. The news was quiet old and yet I am unable to get the update. I am also looking for a similar manual process through which I can install Jellybean rom on this device. I do not like the ICS much here. I thought this would be possible through a manual process. A few methods that I found were associated with rooting which I don't want to go with. Because this can cause issue with the tablet warranty.

For restoring back you have to backup the existing rom and that is only possible after rooting. For installing jellybean you can go ahead with system update if available. Or else you have to wait back until is finally provided.

It is weird to find that till yet you don't got any new update on the same. This update was announced last year. Those news are still on Google which are giving you detail about the update. They said that the update might land, but officially Acer has not confirmed the same. Till yet this tablet has not got Jellybean bean update while many other have received the same. Along with A210 there were two more tablet which were planned to get update. They were A110 and A150. But both got nothing. Just keep the auto update on. You might have not updated the same. I had not yet seen anyone confirming that they had finally released the update for old tablets.

Don't go with any custom update if you are thinking of the same. This will create a big issue and will cause you a problem. It is fair to use the existing version only and wait back before any official update is out in the market.