Thread: Acer Iconia A1-810 android update

Acer Iconia A1-810 android update

Still Acer Iconia A1-810 Tablet is running on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. I am looking for some info when this tablet is going to get the new Android 4.3 or Android 4.4 OS update. It is will be really better to get the new os to get more rich features in the same. Android 4.4 Kitkat is the most recent one and has ample of great things. It can boost the tablet output making it more better and good in terms of output. I am actually planing to switch to a new tablet that has a Kitkat update.

Re: Acer Iconia A1-810 android update

There is no news on that. Acer has not announced any fresh update for Acer Iconia A1-810. The tablet will be continued with the same Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system and that looks fair enough.

Major issue appear when the apps that are released for Kitkat will not work on Jellybean. I think this issue lies with ICS and Jellybean. Many apps which work on Jellybean does not support ICS. Here you are already having a new OS and almost all new apps work on the existing tablet. So there is nothing to much worry abut the output. There might in chances ni future of having Android Jellybean update on the device. Now there are some un-official options available through which you can simply go ahead with adding the latest Android 4.4 rom, but for that you have to root your device. This will loose warranty. Rooting gives you more advance options. The only thing you have to is locate the right custom rom which give you Android Kitkat OS.

Once any update released for that will be notified. You get a notification for the same. But if you are not getting anything then the update is not available and I do not recommend you to go with manual process.

I am also waiting back for the same update. I had contacted Acer for the same. They had not replied yet. I think there will be update if many user can ask them. If only a few people go ahead with the discussion then it is not going to work. Whoever had bought that tablet can contact acer directly by asking them to offer the new update. Some old tablets which are released long time ago got the Kitkat update. But Acer Iconia A1-810 still got nothing. It remains stuck with the old OS. I am having a big battery issue with the tablet. It drain out really fast. I keep the wifi on. I thought this would atleast give me a 4 to 5 hours of battery output. But this is not working. It is not giving a proper output. And I expect that after upgrade this would give more better output.

There is no news on that. I was expecting this from long time. I check the system update section always. I found some custom options but I will try the same after few months when the tablet will be out of warranty.

Even I am waiting for 4.4 Update in my phone

There is no update available. And I do not think in future Acer is going to give the same. This tablet was released around 5 months ago and till yet there is no detail about the update. I am still waiting to get something new on it. I am able to get some custom upgrade solution, but not really sure whether to go for the same. This tablet is not like Samsung or other which is easy root. The problem lies with restoration. I think each tablet must come with restore process. They must have a dedicated memory inside for restoring the existing OS and firmware. So that if we face any issue with the app or with custom rom I can restore the same instantly. After rooting the existing firmware is destroyed and it very complicated to get the stock rom.

I had gone with custom rooting process and it worked. At start I was facing issue with continuous reboot. I tried the process back and it worked. It is correct that that here is a major issue with restoration. There is no option to go back from here.