Thread: Nokia Booklet 3G hotkeys not working

Nokia Booklet 3G hotkeys not working

I have a Nokia Booklet 3G and all of a sudden its FN hotkeys are not working anymore. When I start the notebook then I am getting an error message that says somthing about Hotkey app stopped working. I have not installed anything on this netbook from past 1 month or so then why this error is showing up. Can anyone tell me how do I get the hotkeys to work again? Thanks

Re: Nokia Booklet 3G hotkeys not working

Well, did you try to uninstall and reinstall the Hot Key utility again in your Nokia Booklet 3G device? Try to launch CeEkey.exe by going to this path and see what happens - C:\Program Files\Hot Key. If nothing works for then the problem might be related to any third party software installation. There are few problems from logitech software or external keyboards with this notebook so try to uninstall those software or unplug the keyboard and check what happens.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I was also facing the same issue but have solved it now. I recently did a Windows update in my computer and it seems that after this the hotkey program started to stop working. But later when I went to the hotkeys folder and right clicked on the CeEkey.exe and opened it in Windows XP compatibility mode then it started to work fine like before. So, try this trick and let me know if it worked for you as well.

I can say that if you run the hotkey installer as administrator in Windows 7 compatibility mode if you are running Windows 8 in your Nokia Booklet 3G notebook then also it will work fine. It seems that Nokia has removed the link to download all the drivers for Nokia Booklet 3G, so it is really hard to find the hotkey driver. Just use the CD given with its box and check for the hotkey driver if needed.