Thread: What would be the cost of laptop with 1TB storage

What would be the cost of laptop with 1TB storage

What will be the cost of any laptop that has atleast 1TB of space. I do not require a graphic card or high end processor. The only thing I need is a high storage space. This system will be used at office for full data backup and nothing else. So high end system is not really needed. I tried searching on web but I am getting many models with 500GB space only. I need 1TB or higher than that. Because this system is going to have all the data in it.

Re: What would be the cost of laptop with 1TB storage

HP Pavilion 15-e017AU Laptop is the cheapest one I can find. It comes for Rs.29000. This laptop will ideal for backup. It comes with APU Quad Core A4/ and 8GB ram. This is more than enough for a backup system.

The budget easily lies between Rs.25000 to Rs.35000. Here in the above model you are getting a apu. That means the processor will handle the processing and graphic work both. So in backup stuff this is really high. But when it comes to video editing or gaming then this system is not enough .It is ideal for business usage. And if you go with the latest Intel hashwell processor then you have to pay atleast Rs.50000. My friend recently purchased one from Dell. It is a Inspiron series with 4th generation Intel Core i5 cpu. It has a 1TB hard drive and offers 6GB RAM. For gpu it has AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8670M 2GB DDR3. The model is Inspiron 15R. I do not think this system is bad at all, because here you are getting a amazing system with high performance and smooth output. You are almost paying around 30K. Adding more on that and getting a latest system will give you long support. You will not require to worry about upgrades.

You can get that around 35K. If you are only integrated about storage then there are ample of models. But you have to pay for the gpu and other features as well. There are few companies that offer you high storage.

If you only need to store data then try a external hard drive. Why to buy a full system. You can go ahead with buying a 2TB or 1Tb hard drive. Buy a enclosure and use it like a external storage system. Or you can build your own tiny file server through using a combo motherboard. You can add up a few set of ram and make it powerful enough for day to day usage. I had seen ample of combo boards at a cheaper rate. You can make a reliable system. You can also add upto 4TB of hard drive which his more than enough space. Buying a laptop will be costly. It is not going to help you much. My advice is best to go for a full budget system. That is the most reasonable options I think.

Laptops can be costly when it comes to storage. Because of portable design. I will recommend you to buy one which has dual hard drive. There must be a SSD at the start in which you can install the operating system. This will boost up the boot time.

If you only need something with big hard drive then you can go for HP Pavilion 15-e002AU. This system comes with APU Quad Core A4 processor, 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive. It does not give you the latest cpu but it is more than enough for the proper output. The laptop has a huge 1TB storage space and cost around Rs.36300. I do not think this is a bad deal. But remember that this system is not meant for gaming purpose. You can store a huge amount of data and get good performance from the same. The laptop is also amazing for multimedia usage also. It come with Windows 8. This is one of the best product in the market for those who need a performance system. So just go on the web and checkout the user review. You will be able to find how better it is.

There are 2 models you can go for. The first one is HP Pavilion 15-e017AU Laptop which is the cheapest and best one recommended comes for Rs.29000, the second one is Samsung NP305E5A-S01IN that offers 1GB dedicated video memory and comes for Rs.31000. This two models are best and both offer 1TB storage.