Thread: Is it possible to encrypt data on Android phone

Is it possible to encrypt data on Android phone

What does android offer in terms of data encryption. This platform is the most vulnerable one. Virus and other infection can easily enter the mobile phone and cause problem. I want some good application for the same. My tablet is used by others also. I want to keep my data in that but I want to encrypt it so that only I can access it while for others it must ask for password. It must not be accessible through pc also. I had seen this feature in windows tablet, but doubtful about android.

Re: Is it possible to encrypt data on Android phone

You can use a app for that. It is called as EDS. This app can help you to encrypt your data. It block access to all and works really fine. It works on various file formats. It is a paid application.

You cannot get any encryption feature integrated in Android. You can use a third party app for the same. Like one which is mentioned above. This app offer you powerful data protection and lock the folders and file. You can try to check in your tablet whether you are having any kind of encryption thing. You can go ahead in settings and under that tap on security. If you have anything listed as encryption then you can tap on it and add a password. This will block the data and will not allow anyone to access the same. If there is noting available under settings then the only option left is to use a app. And here if you reset the tablet or if you remove the app the encryption will stop working. In other tablets it is controlled by a hardware chip. And if there is no hardware level support available then you have to go ahead with third party app.

It can be done through third party applications. They are also effective. One app among them is SSE - Universal Encryption App. This app is free and will help you to encrypt the data and get a more proper output.

I think there is nothing available in Android. Today Android is the most vulnerable platform. This cause major issue if won't go ahead with keeping your data secure. Compare to this windows is the best. It gives you more powerful data encryption . So if you need something which can only protect your data and give you maximum security then go ahead with windows. Don't go with Android. Using third party app offer limited support only. Your data is only protected till the time the app is on. Or else nothing is going to work. Once your tablet settings are restored the encryption is gone. For powerful data protection we require something which has a hardware level encryption support. That is the only thing which will work. Encryption will cause slow system performance.

It is available on branded models. You have to try to find the same in specification. Make a list of phones you want to buy and then check the specs one by one. You will get more detail about the same.

Android is widely used platform today. There are tons of smartphone and tablet coming on this Os and are not at all safe when it comes to data encryption. Data encryption does not means you require some hardware level authentication for the same. You can follow some strict phone options through which you can secure your mobile. Here you can add a powerful pin on the phone that block access to others from using the same. You can use a folder lock tool that will block access to your private files also. Many people are worried about data leak online. You can avoid that if you do not install multiple applications in your system. If you can keep on installing new stuff your phone is more vulnerable. You must avoid adding the same. This would help you to get a more appropriate output. Encryption is available in many devices. For that you have to go in Security and there you can find encrypt.

There is no other option other than adding a third party app for the process. You have to download one from Google Play and use the same. Or else this is not going to work. So just get a good third party encryption add and use it.