Thread: Lost Amber updates after Nokia Lumia 920 hard reset

Lost Amber updates after Nokia Lumia 920 hard reset

I am facing some issues with my Nokia Lumia 920's microphone. So that is why I did a soft reset first but that didnt solve the case. So this time I did a hard reset and now some of the Amber apps like glance screen, block calls and sms, etc are lost from my Lumia 920. Now I dont know how to get this things back, kindly suggest me what to do to get this things back. Thank you

Re: Lost Amber updates after Nokia Lumia 920 hard reset

Since you have lost the system apps after a hard reset, then you will need to download Lumia System Updater app to update your phones system apps to the latest versions. The Lumia System Updater is a very small application that will help you to get updates for system apps and ignore the waiting time in Windows phone store, download it from this link - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...9-a8024cd4c3f0
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is solution to get back all the apps that are missing from your phone after hard reset with the help of QR codes. Simply press the search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia phone and tap on Vision. After that holdthe camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the below QR codes that are provided. After a successful scanning you will be given a weblink on which you have to tap to open the Store to update the Nokia app:

Glance App:

Storage Check:

Nokia Account:

Access Point:

It seems that you only have to update all the single Nokia System Apps like Extras, Access Point, Audio, Display, etc; that might have been removed by the hard reset but Amber firmware will be still installed in the phone. Just install the above mentioned apps or else you can also use SysAppPusher and manually install System Apps in your phone quite easily.