Thread: very low alarm sound of Nokia Asha 501

very low alarm sound of Nokia Asha 501

I just bought a new Nokia Asha 501 for my home usage and after using it for a while I noticed that the alarm sound is very low. If I compare some older phones with it then Asha 501 is not at all good for setting a wakeup timer or for an alarm. Is there anything that can be done to increase its alarm sound output? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: very low alarm sound of Nokia Asha 501

Did you try to set another ring tone as an alarm whose output is good. You can even try to set an mp3 file for alarm. There are many high pitched tones available on the net that you can download and set it up as your wakeup timer or so. I remember that in the older model of Nokia phone's there was support for .wav files which used to have good output sound.

Even I have a Nokia Asha 501 phone and it looks like the sound setting is not picked up in the alarm application in this phone. What ever high pitched sound or mp3 file that we set as a ringtone then it plays the tone at the least volume and if you keep the phone on your bed then you cannot hear anything at all. I dont know if there is some problem with my phone but i will definitely take it to the Nokia Care Center to have a look.

You can try to use different application on your computer to increase the sound of any custom ring tone or mp3 files if you want. One such application is called Format Factory that you can use. After downloading and installed it on your pc, choose Audio > All to Mp3 > Output settings > Volume Control and then set it to any percentage above 150% to increase the sound output.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's