Thread: lock button of Nokia Lumia 520 not working

lock button of Nokia Lumia 520 not working

I gifted my sister a new Nokia Lumia 520 last month and now its lock button is not working at all. So I took it to the Nokia Care Centre and after 1 week collected the phone. For 2 days everything was working fine but on the 3rd day I noticed some notification coming up every now and then stating "slide down to power off?" Can anyone tell me what does this means? Thanks

Re: lock button of Nokia Lumia 520 not working

Can you try to restart your Nokia Lumia 520 phone and check if you are still facing the same problem or its gone? Incase you have put it inside a mobile case then remove it and see if the power button is not stuck or so. If this is not the issue then you will have to sent it back to Nokia Care Centre again for some extra troubleshooting since the problem might be related to the hardware.

You might need to update the Display and Touch support in your Lumia phone after doing a hard reset. And to easily update your phone you can download an app called Lumia System Updater which will let you to push updates for system apps and ignore waiting time in the Windows phone store. Download the Lumia System Updater from this link - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...9-a8024cd4c3f0

Even I had the same problem in my Nokia Lumia 520 where the lock button completely stopped working. So, since my phone was in warranty period I took it to the Nokia Care and they fixed it for me. After this the same problem happened with one of my friend's lumia 520. Since he was an expert, he opened up the phone and then saw that the solder of the lock key was loose. After soldering it his lock screen was fixed and working fine again.