Thread: Controlling home appliances through Android

Controlling home appliances through Android

How to access home appliances through Android. The one which has internet connectivity. Like my home theater system, my pc and router. Android has a huge amount of application support. Each of them are different. But I cannot find anything which has a option to control other devices. Like I can turn on/off things from different location. I had searched on Google Play. What I can get is camera monitoring applications.

Re: Controlling home appliances through Android

Through internet you can control the router. Many router itself has the feature. You can access the settings panel and use it for different purpose. It works fine and allow you to manage your internet connection. But I am not sure about any other appliances.

Home appliances can only be controlled if they are connected to internet. Like recently new safety lockers are released in the market. This locker can be opened through credit card, pin and fingerprints. Also if someone try to open them without your permission it will send a alert on your mobile phone. This are the smart things which are recently released. They need a active internet connectivity. There are gadgets in the market which has this kind of features but they are very costly. To digitize your entire home will take fortune. There are companies which are working on appliances that can be remotely manged. Only routers are the cheapest thing that can be controlled through mobile phone. You can modify our internet connection settings, you can check who is visiting what page, and you can also restrict access to users.

This thing is not possible. You can remote access your pc or file server. That's all. You cannot turn of your lights. You need smart appliances with the same the one which can be controlled through a computer.

There is a tool for that called as Smart Power Strip . This allow you to control your home appliances through android phone. But for that you will have to remove the existing power socket form your home and apply Smart Power Strip products. It has a wifi connection through which you can manage everything. You can turn them on and off as per your need. It has a nice application available for android phones. You have a simple on and off button through which you can turn it anything on and off as per your need. The app also give you notification that you has left something on at your home. It works through wifi. But for using it you have to apply its product in your entire home and you can control your power sockets through your mobile phone.

Even I am looking for the same solution. I checked on web and found some power socket that are controlled through computer. But they are costly and maintenance is also really high on them.

You need smart gadgets for that. This is not yet popular.There are very few manufacturers who are working on the same. If you check online there are few people who are working on smart home appliances that can be accessed through mobile. Like if someone turn on the TV you will get notification and you can turn it off. You can checkout the webcam of your home to find out who is in the house. You can turn on the lights whenever you want. So this things require a smart setup. It is not going to work just like that. Whatever electrical socket we use today are regular. They don't come with any smart chip which connect them with wifi and then with your mobile phone. But in future we can expect something like that.

It is right that you need a complete new setup for the same. There are companies which are working on the same and soon you are going to get appliances which can be controlled through smartphones.