Thread: How much pixel camera is ideal for HD photography

How much pixel camera is ideal for HD photography

There is a huge confusion at the time of buying a digital camera. I went to a nearby shop to checkout some new models. I can see a huge range from Sony, Canon, and many other brands. I was checking out the specs that confused me more. Some camera have a really high pixel but they are limited in terms of modes while some have low megapixel but has amazing scene modes. Does megapixel really matters. How much do I need for HD photography.

Re: How much pixel camera is ideal for HD photography

Each time when a new model or a new version of camera is released in the market we can see a hike in megapixel. The higher it is the better will be images. So buy one which offer you a high megapixel. Don't go for low.

To find the right megapixel cameras you have to first understand how it actually works. Megapixel simply means the amount of data recorded by camera sensor. The higher megapixel the bigger will be photo and the bigger will be size. Recently I was using a camera called Olympus E-PL5. After taking photos on maximum I got a image of some 4000x3000 resolution. The size of image was between 11 to 13MB. Here high megapixel will give you big size images. That's all. What matters is the technology used by the camera to give you great image quality. Do not just emphasize on the megapixel only. Another camera that I had used recently was Sony NEX-3NL. This camera was also great enough to produce a good image resolution at faster rate. It works really well and has no performance issue. So test your self. Take a standard mp size and move ahead to search the best camera.

MP matters in terms of clarity. The higher it is, more clear will be the image. Low mp means poor resolution. If you try to stretch the image it will get blurry. I had seen some budget cameras in the market that offer you good megapixel output.

Megapixel do matters when you go out to buy a camera. If you go with lower one then you will not be satisfied with the image and video output. But along with that there are some things that you should consider before buying a camera. Like optical and digital zoom. This allow you to get a more clear picture. If zooming is not appropriate then you won't get the kind of output you are looking for. You have to go near to object to click photos. So always check how much zoom the camera is offering. Some give you 4x while some give you 10x. The higher it is the more better and close photos you can take.Least is 3x which is considered as fine for any camera. That are used for self photos. But when it comes to landscape or scenery then good zooming output is required.

Better refer a camera buying guide. You can get many from internet. This guide will give you important points to choose from before buying a camera. You can get one on that basis. Don't just stick to one single point.

You must checkout features before going through that. Because here only megapixel is not the only thing required. There are more other stuff to checkout. I had seen that people buy camera without checking out the zoom quality. As mentioned above if you don't have a proper zoom quality then you wont be able to get great pictures. For professionals this is a matter of concern. They can go with different lenses to get the good screen quality. But somehow I do not recommend this kind of camera for beginners. Recently manufacturer came up with bridge cameras. This offer a combination between dlsr and point to shoot offering you both the features at the same place.

Go for point to shoot. That will be decent. It will offer you smart features with good photo output. Do not go ahead with more details. This will confuse you more and will be a kind of time waste also.