Thread: SD Card error on Olympus E-PL6 Camera

SD Card error on Olympus E-PL6 Camera

I am trying copy some photos for Olympus E-PL6 Camera. It has a 32GB memory card inside it. I took around 20 photos before in different modes. When I am connecting the camera to pc through usb cable I am getting a format external storage message. I cannot format it as I will lose all my images. And when I pressed the play button to view gallery it is giving me sd card error. What should I do. How will I get the photos from it.

Re: SD Card error on Olympus E-PL6 Camera

It looks the card is damage. It happens the internal card gets corrupted. That is why it is always recommended to get a nice branded card which is costly but works for long time. There is no way you can recovery those photos if the card is gone.

There is less chance of having a corrupt card. This kind of error are common in DSLR. Do this. Turn of the camera and remove the card. After 10 to 15 minutes insert the card and turn on the camera back. Press the play button to view gallery. It will work. But if you are getting the same error then try to arrange a memory card reader. You can find that easily at a very cheap price. Connect the card to your pc through and see if you are getting any message on the screen. If still you see format memory card message then I think the card is gone. When you take photos the camera takes a bit time to create the image in the memory card. At that moment you must not click any photos. This cause more pressure on the sd card. If nothing happens then format the card and see whether it working or not.

I got my 32GB card corrupted in the same way. I was on vacation and captured hundreds of new images. When I came back and connected the camera to pc through usb cable it did not detected anything. The card was damaged. I am now using a Kingston sd card which is more reliable.