Thread: "WLAN connection failed" error message with Nokia Asha 302

"WLAN connection failed" error message with Nokia Asha 302

I have recently purchased a new Nokia Asha mobile phone for my cousin and yesterday I was checking its features. I came to know that if I am trying to connect this phone to wifi connection then I am getting an error message that states "WLAN connection failed". All other mobile phones and tablets are connecting fine then what is the issue with this mobile? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: "WLAN connection failed" error message with Nokia Asha 302

Nokia Asha 302 does support 802.11b/g/n wlan connection, so there should be not any kind of problem while connecting it to the router. Can you tell us what is the setting that you are using to connect the device? Check if there is no firewall in between that is interfering the connection between the smartphone and the router. After doing all this report back your results.

Even I was facing similar issue on my Asha 302 phone and I noticed that even though social networking apps like facebook and twitter and other email clients like gmail and yahoo was working, but the inbuilt browser in Nokia I was not able to surf the webpages. So I visited the Nokia Care Centre and they reinstalled the software setting up the access points as well. Now everything is back to normal and working fine.

I think this problem is only happening with the inbuilt Nokia web browser in the phone. So to solve it download Nokia Store on your computer and then connect the phone to pc. After that download Opera mini browser from Nokia store and it will automaticall get installed in your phone. Now disconnect the phone and then try to open any website with the Opera browser and finally all websites will be opening fine. If this still doesnt work then go to Menu > Settings > Restore Factory setting and then choose settings only.