Thread: File corrupt error on Nokia 111

File corrupt error on Nokia 111

File corrupted message on Nokia 111. This phone is used by my uncle. I had copied some songs in the memory card. It is a 2GB old card in working condition. I had copied around 40 songs on it. Whenever I try to play anything in the default audio player I am getting a corrupt file message. I need some help here to fix the issue. I think the card is working and also the audio files are proper.

Re: File corrupt error on Nokia 111

From where you got those audio files. Try to play them first in your system. And check whether it is working or not. I think files are damage due to which you are getting the message.

There can be multiple reason for the issue. First as mentioned above the files are damage. Second what is the audio format. Is it is a mp3 file or any other. If you are using any other file format that the phone does not read then you will get the message. The phone usually supports a series of different audio files. They are ASF, Wav, MP4, AAC, AMR, MP3, AWB, M4A, NRT, WMA, 3GP, MIDI and WMV. You can check the file format by right clicking on the audio and then clicking on properties. Under details you can see the actual file extension. If this does not belong to any format which is listed on the above you have to convert the file. The best is mp3. It is a bit heavy but maintain the audio output. You can use converters like Bigasoft and create mp3 files out of that. If still you get the same kind of error then you have to replace the sd card. It is not proper.

Thanks for the suggestion. The issue was with the file format. All the audio files in the phone were having .rm extension. I downloaded them from the web. I had converted them to mp3 and now it is working.