Thread: 32GB SD card not detected on Nokia Lumia 520

32GB SD card not detected on Nokia Lumia 520

Nokia Lumia 620 not recognizing two new 32GB Micro SD card slot. The first one is Sandisk 32GB SDHC. I bought this long back which I am using in my mp3 player also. I got a new amber update on Lumia 620 and after that I am not able to use the card. The device is not reading it at all. I bought a another one from Kingston but the issue is same. I am not able to get any solution for the same. Does the update cause any hardware issue in the phone.

Re: 32GB SD card not detected on Nokia Lumia 520

Carry the phone to a repair center. There is no way to r-flash the old OS back. You will have to show the device to a repair center and they can guide you about the actual issue. Compare to android windows, is bit complicated to handle.

As per the specs the device support 32Gb sd card. So it must work. Try to format the card first. Wipe out all the data and then insert it back. Then connect the phone to the pc and see whether you are able to access the internal storage. There is nothing available inside settings through which you can configure the card. If it is not working then try to carry the phone to the service center. There is no way to restore the old operating system. I got this issue in a android phone. Later on I check the specification and found that the phone only supports 16GB. That's all. It will not work over that that. I first through the slot is damage. But it was the limitation of phone. In your cause the issue looks weird. There are different class of card. Phone does not support all kind of cards. You have to once again check in detail about the storage specs.

There was a similar issue in Nokia Lumia 520. The issue was with a 8Gb card. Later on I formatted the card inside phone and the issue is solved. You also try to do the same .Try it might work.